The 27th European Conference on tyre recycling
New Market Partnerships After 2020 : Overcoming the Obstacles
The 27th Annual ETRA Conference on Tyre Recycling will take place Monday through Wednesday, 30 May – 1 June 2022 at Le Louise Hotel in Brussels. The Conference is back after two years adjournement owing to covid-19 and will be a fully in person event. To make it safer and more enjoyable we have scheduled it late in the spring and select a new venue which offer a wide open terrace garden that will be used for coffee-breaks, lunches and networking cocktails. The dates coincide with the EU GREEN WEEK and the 30th Anniversary of EU LIFE Program.
The conference theme, New Market Partnerhips after 2020 : Overcoming the Obstacles, will illustrate some of the extraordinary progress that has been made in the tyre recycling industries and highlight its exciting role in future as part of the Circular Economy.
The conference offers many formal and informal opportunities to come together and meet with professionals from a variety of sectors to discuss the newest challenges that face this small, increasingly important and diversified industry.
Tyre recycling has confronted many challenges in the drive towards taking its place in the circular economy and is ready to face new ones in future. This year the Conference will focus on exploring these new challeges with the aim of identifying solutions and opportunities for recyclers especially in terms of material options, potential end-users and expanded markets.
Plenary Sessions are scheduled for Tuesday 31st May and Wednesday 1st June which will include discussions on:
- Key issues and obstacles confronting tyre recycling today and after 2020 : data reliability, the impact of un-monitored exports, Waste Shipment Regulation and potential impacts on recyclers , micro-plastics, etc.
- EU Support to expand the Market through RE-PLAN CITY LIFE Project, Opportunities with GPP, construction and transportation (roads, rails, etc), New Partnerships;
- Pyrolysis after 2020 with unique inputs, processes and outputs to create innovative products and applications
- Upcycled Materials: Devulcanisation, Water jetting, Moulding, Innovative materials and products
- Building, concrete and Cementitious materials, pre-casted concrete elements
- Expanding opportunities for tyre recycling as the global economy takes hold
Delegates will have many opportunities to interact directly with thespeakers and panelists during plenary discus-sions, coffee-breaks, lunches, cocktails and other informal periods – including scheduled Matchmaking sessions. Space is also available for private and small-group meetings, which can be reserved with conference staff.
The Conference focus will be on evolving trends, new technologies, as well as markets with new partners and end-users. Discussions will focus on meeting demands for sustainable new materials, applications and products to meet specific needs - including devulcanisates, compoundable and activated powders, new pyrolytic outputs, among others. Metals and textiles in various formats will be presented for a variety of applications.
Other actvities will include a workshop on the EU fended project RE-PLAN CITY LIFE and the‘Networking Events’ of the GREEN WEEK which are opportunities to bring companies together for future collaborations under the ETRA Partner Registry. Please note that pre-registration for these Events is required. Further information will be forwarded upon receipt of your Conference registration.
We look forward to hearing from you. The Conference brochure is attached. Please contact us for further information.
See you in Brussels